1 week prior to treatment:
Avoid the following:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
3 days before your appointment, please discontinue the use of the following products:
- Any products containing retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) or beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), or benzoyl peroxide.
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
DAY OF TREATMENT:
- Arrive with a clean face (no makeup). You may apply makeup after your treatment as advised by your Registered Nurse Injector.
- If you suffer from cold sores/fever blister, take Valtrex day of treatment to prevent an outbreak.
To make the most out of your specific chemical peel treatment, please follow these post-treatment recommendations for your specific peel
- The towelettes included in your post-peel kit provide additional stimulation of the skin and expedite the peeling process.
- The first towelette should be used 4 hours after your peel has been applied. Subsequent towelettes will be applied at intervals designated in your aftercare booklet. All towelettes should be spaced a minimum of 4 hours apart and all towelettes should be used within the first 48 hours.
- Discontinue any unused towelettes if you note any peeling within the first 48 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure during the first week after your peel and throughout the peeling process.
- You can resume your normal skincare regimen after all your peeling has subsided.